The Dangers of Downloading illegal or pirated movies, music, softwares, scripts, applications etc. are :
What’s at Stake—The Value of Intellectual Property:
With peer-to-peer networks you may get more than you bargain for. Users of peer-to-peer networks typically download and install free software on their computers that allows them to find and download files located on another users drive; and share with other users the files located on their computer. What you don’t realize is that spyware and other similar programs are often imbedded in the software you download.
Spyware allows the company to monitor the web pages you go to, the information you put in, and even use your computer’s power without your knowledge. According to MacAfee, 90% of computer users unknowingly have spyware on their computers. Some spyware is designed to record keystrokes which facilitates identity theft and fraud. Users lose the ability to control their own computers. The spyware programs actively compete with the programs you have open, even using your processing power to the point your computer crashes. Spyware applications contribute to one-half of all crashes according to the directors of Windows privacy.
Grokster and other programs also pose privacy risks by making it easy for users to unknowingly share more information than they intend. The system is designed for only a certain folder—the shared folder to be accessible. However, users can easily make their whole C-drive available without being aware of it. The security settings are confusing and easily changed to allow access to sensitive material stored on your computer without knowing what you’ve done. Your C-drive has all the information stored on your computer on it. This often includes information input in programs like Quicken or Microsoft Money that have your social security and bank account numbers. Peer-to-peer networks pose a serious identity theft security risk.
When downloading songs and movies from other users, you also put yourself at risk for viruses. While the primary method of contracting a virus has been email, peer-to-peer networks provide a new method of introducing malicious code into a computer. Viruses can take advantage of the peer-to-peer network, and attempt to copy themselves or infect files within the shared peer-to-peer space. The viruses copies itself into popular files names and tricks users into downloading and executing those files, causing the user’s computer to crash. For this reason, peer-to-peer networks are breeding grounds for hackers with malicious intent.
The Effects of Piracy on Younger Individuals
1. Threatens entry level jobs – Reducing software piracy by just 10 percentage points worldwide would generate 1.5 million jobs and add $400 billion to the world economy, according to a study released by the Business and Software Alliance and IDC.
2. Many unknowingly engage in illegal acts and face the consequences – The online infringement of copyrighted music can be punished by up to 3 years in prison and $250,000 in fines. Repeat offenders can be imprisoned up to 6 years. Individuals also may be held civilly liable, regardless of whether the activity is for profit, for actual damages or lost profits, or for statutory damages up to $150,000 per infringed copyright.
3. Cost of legitimate copies increase – The street price will rise if most consumers switch to illegal copies. The resulting demand in the market for legal copies will decrease, thereby causing the manufacturer’s price to increase in order to partially offset the reduction in sales attributable to piracy.
4. Stifle opportunities for aspiring artists - Successful projects pay for the ones that may not recover their costs. For instance, Usher and Coldplay are paying for the newer bands the label is gambling on. This situation exists for both music and movies. If this ability to finance riskier projects is lost, the diversity and choice of projects presented to consumers will decrease, with only projects that appear to be “sure things” receiving support.
So the year 2011 was a real brainstorming for all the fellow Search Engine Optimizers out there by Google. The most significant change was the Panda update killing all those duplicate sites to bringing a Facebook competitor – Google+ services.
Here is an infograph showing all those changes. Let’s see what Google has for the upcoming year 2012.
Everyone is interested in knowing about the reverse mortgage calculator, the features, benefits, drawbacks if any, etc. Reverse mortgage is nothing but the tax free loan offered for the senior citizens and people above the age of 60 years to settle their existing mortgages. Reverse mortgage process involves using the reverse mortgage calculator. It is an online tool facilitated in the companies offering the service. Reverse mortgage calculator is used to compute the estimated value of reverse mortgage.
Reverse calculator requires the current value of the property and the amount due on the proposed property. Since, it is offered for the elderly people, it requires the age of the applicant and the zip code. Reverse mortgage calculator is an effective tool, which offers the appropriate and the value near to the estimated mortgage value. Eventually, people looking for settling their existing mortgage debts can assess the approximate amount that they are eligible and plan accordingly to settle the debts.
Using the reverse mortgage calculator is the quick way to have a fair idea about the mortgage value. People can able to get their estimates with differential rate of interest free of cost. Further, in maximum cases, it provides the value equivalent to the one offered by the reverse mortgage companies, when there is no fluctuation in the interest rates.
All Reverse Mortgage Company is one of the popular and leading reverse mortgage companies in the United States, facilitating the reverse mortgage calculator online. Reverse mortgage offered by this company is safe as they are secured and insured by the Federal Government.
The Uniden police scanners are usually designed to cater the needs of the police during emergency times. But in these days many people are trying to interrupt the frequencies that are used by the force of police. Sometimes individuals try to overhear conversations between police department and fire department or ambulance services. These scanners allow the citizens to be up dated with the latest happenings in their city or town.
These gadgets are used as a pass time for few people while others use this for dealing with their business affairs. Ambulance chasers, private detectives and reporters are the people who need this device in order to listen to the conversations between authorities.
If you are interested in purchasing the Uniden police scanners available from the market it is essential that you concentrate and keep the following tips :
1. In case you want to use the police scanners you should first understand the languages spoken by the firemen, policemen and paramedic in order to excel in your process. Therefore learn the language with expressions and codes. If you do not learn these basic codes you are not going to understand the conversations of the policemen. Learn the language used by policemen, paramedic and firemen. Without knowing codes and expressions, most of their conversations will be just rubbish to you. You can locate the codes of your area through the online sources
2. While making your purchase you can ask the manufacturer for instructions for installing the Program of the codes into your scanner. You should scan your Uniden police scanner for acquiring perfection.
3. Tune up your scanner according to the frequency you require.
4. Now you are all set up to listen to the scanner but it is against the law for you to interfere with the work of the police. Therefore avoid visiting the crime scene since this is against law.
5. There are wide ranges of police scanners provided with excellent values for meeting every person’s needs from which you can make your choice with ease.
Whether you are an individual, a small business or a huge corporate conglomerate, if you own a lot of computers, taking care of all of them and making sure nothing goes wrong with any of them can be a nightmare. With networking software that allows you to connect your fleet of computers together, it is easy to control multiple machines with ease. However proper and thorough maintenance is still hard to perform, especially if you have a lot of computers.
When I started to run more computers than I could individually handle, I asked a friend what I should do, they told me to get some network scanning software so I could easily add and update my computer network, they recommended Advanced IP Scanner 2.0 and so far I haven’t been disappointed once by the software.
Advanced IP Scanner 2.0 is a piece of network scanning software that is used by corporations and businesses, the functionality is more than good enough for large businesses, as it is very effective and powerful. However the ease of use and functionality means that home owners are able to use the program without trouble as well.
When I first start using the software, I was expecting to be intimidated by it, since it is used by huge businesses and massive corporations, I thought I wouldn’t be able to use the program to the fullest. However I found it really easy to use, there learning curve isn’t steep at all and after only using it a handful of times I was able to maintain my network of computers effectively.
Simple things like really fast performance and the ability to switch every computer on or off through the software makes Advanced IP Scanner 2.0 a pleasure to use, and truly unbeatable bit of software. I wouldn’t be able to run my computer network so smoothly without it and I recommend it above all network scanning programs currently available. So what are you waiting for, go to Advanced Ip Scanner homepage to download the product or click here to download – its FREE with full features. B-)